Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ran through that Wall

Don't have a ton of time to update...but I did it.

I planned on 5 then 3, then when I got there at 6:40 and knew I needed to leave by 7:20, I decided to walk/run 15 minutes away and then 15 back. I listened to a "Freeway to 10K" podcast from Podrunner Intervals (which is my favorite podcast for c2anyK). And it had a 5 minute warm-up with then four 4/2 run/walk intervals. I struggled a bit on some of the running, but I was able to do them all.

I honestly didn't plan on running much, but I was amazed to finish at a pace of 13:50/mi. Even though it was a little over 2 miles, it was 30 seconds faster than my PR pace in October for a 5K, so pretty decent.

And...I just showed up...and so glad I did.

My next plan is probably to walk/run with Heels and Hills on Saturday if they are meeting (depending on how early they are meeting). My hope is to do 6 miles, and I'd like to be done by 8 a.m., so I am highly likely to get there earlier (since 6 miles at a 15 minute pace would take 1.5 hours. So, I'd want to start by 6:30 a.m. I think. We'll see...

I'm also strongly considering seeing if my sister would want to join me on the Katy Trail Saturday morning (depending on her plans the night before). I'd like to set up a usual routine again. And Sunday's might end up being better for my long mileage. If I did long miles on Sundays, then 3 on Tuesdays and maybe 3 on Fridays or Saturday long miles, 3 on Monday, 3 on Wednesday...oh that would be better. Thinking outloud again.

So...we'll see...I'm going to check with HnH about Saturday and go from there. Most likely not planning on doing the DRC 5 mile on Saturday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just because I don't "follow", doesn't mean I don't read... I just go through all my blogs and catch up every week or so. Look forward to seeing you at the HnH, and good for you for getting back out there. February was an awful month for me in terms of motivation and I just really got back on track the last couple of weeks and it feels great.