Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 Goals - Goals for the year

I am really not even sure where to start. And I hate resolutions, because I have made so many in the past that only end up in failure and shame. So....here goes a try. I'm going to go back to the old stand-by of setting SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timely) goals. And I think I am going to set Likely, Hopeful, and Crazy.

Last year, I didn't even think about running, walking, or even exercising as we started 2009. So to set goals is a whole new thing for me.

I also put together a mission statement based on an article I read:

"I am passionately pursuing the consistent improvement of my health by regularly setting and achieving fitness goals, encouraging others from my strong and challenging experiences, and depending on and praising my Creator as the Producer from which I can do all things."

5K time
My very best time in 2009 was 44:39.0 with a pace of 14:22/mi in the Frisco ISD Gary Burns 5K on October 31st.
Likely - below 40:23 (pace 13:00/mi)
Hopeful - 37:17 (pace 12:00/mi)
Crazy - 35:44 (pace 11:30/mi)

10K time
My PR in 2009 for a 10K was 1:37:00.0 with a pace of 15:39/mi in the H2H 10K in July.
Likely - below 1:33:12 (pace 15:00/mi)
Hopeful - 1:27:00 (pace 14:00/mi)
Crazy 1:20:47 (13:00/mi)

Race, PR, or Place in Monthly for an Event (revising)
Last year, I signed up and raced in an event every month from June to December.
Likely - an event every month
Hopeful - PR in every event
Crazy - Place 50% better than others in one of the divisions (Athena, Age, Women or Overall)

New Goal to replace above goal
Monthly/Yearly Mileage
I haven't really tracked my mileage before, but I think as a good goal to replace the monthly event goal is to include monthy/yearly mileage goals.
Likely - 6 miles a week/24 miles a month/312 miles a year
Hopeful - 8 miles a week/32 miles a month/416 miles a year
Crazy - 675 miles a year

Run Weekly/Monthly
Last year, I started walking/running sporadically while sometimes 3 times a week, and other times going for several weeks between walking. I am hoping to bring exercise regularly into my weekly schedule.
Likely - Run/Walk once a week minimum with a one week a month forgiveness making up on the next or previous week totalling 4 times a month, but only of which 2 are in the same week
Hopeful - Run/Walk twice a week minimum with a one week a month forgiveness making up on the next or previous week totalling 8 times a month, but only of which 3 are in the same week
Crazy - Run/Walk three times a week, every week, no exceptions.
**All these with a minimum of 1 mile and a minimum of 15 minutes with weeks measured from Saturday to Friday.

Mile time/pace
My previous PR in a mile has been 14:20.
Likely - 13:00
Hopeful - 12:00
Crazy - under 11:00

Again, I have really not much of an idea how realistic or crazy these are...but as I find every day, every race, every event...it is all a learning experience.

No comments: