Sunday, July 19, 2009

Just Showed Up

I heard this phrase years ago, and I have been contemplating starting a blog about my walking endeavors. Not quite sure why I want to blog, but I have felt the desire lately. Probably because it is THE FIRST TIME EVER I have stuck with an exercise routine and done it for more than 2-3 weeks.

And the title, "Just Showed Up" made me think about how I feel right now as a new walker. I feel like I have known how to walk my whole life and the benefits of walking, but all of a sudden not only do I feel like someone who is running in at the last minute with my oh so hawt pink fanny pack clipping to my waist as the buzzer goes off, hence "just showing up" but I also feel the nagging sense that I have been here all along and mentally I am "just showing up." And as a very new to the sport walker, I also feel like I have "just shown up" on the scene and that I am literally soaking up every tidbit, every bit of information, every ounce of anything I can learn about walking.

So..."just showed up" it is.

Some up to date information I want to eventually put here...a to-do check list of sorts:
~signing up for my first half marathon
~how much I love the Heels and Hills organization and why
~how my doctor recommended this
~my thoughts/experience on being humble, teachable, and right-sized in being where I am instead of trying to be somewhere ahead of where I am
~adding some counters for my miles completed

No comments: