Saturday, November 7, 2009

8 miles and Running

We walked from my parents house to the corner of Northwest Highway and Hillcrest. I never would have ever thought that possible. But we did it. And in just a little over 2 hours, we were able to get in a ton of talking and got great time. I did have my blood sugar wanting to hit the ground 3 times, so that somewhat slowed us down, but I don't know if our legs could have handled more anyways.

For the most part, I calculated we approximately went 8 miles in 2 hours and about 8 minutes I think. That would be an average of a 16 minute mile I think. We did try some jogging, and given the 16 mile average, I'm not entirely sure it improved our time. Hmmm...gonna have to figure that one out.

Then we followed it up with a trip to the zoo. Which was probably a good way to make sure our legs don't freeze up.

I think we are ready for the Turkey Trot, so we'll see. Just hope it isn't miserable cold.

Oh, well...we'll see.

No comments: